Sunday, October 28, 2012

Coke Marinated Ribeye with Pancetta Topping

Ingredients:


  • Ribeye
  • Coke
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Pancetta (if you can't find pancetta you can use bacon)
  • Mushrooms (I used cremini) 
  • Oil (I used peanut)

Procedure


  1. As far as the Ribeye goes you can use whatever kind, size, brand, or whatever that you want. I just bought a cheap cut of ribeye from my local Food-Lion. Now, what you want to do is put the ribeye in any kind of container that will allow it to lay flat. Then, pour Coke over it so that it just covers the meat. Next, let it sit for however long you are willing to wait to eat. The coke will tenderize the meat and give it a sort of sweet taste. 
  2. In a skillet pour enough oil to just cover the bottom. Turn the heat to high until the oil begins to smoke and add the pancetta. Cook until the pancetta is crisp. Next, slice the mushrooms and add them to the skillet. When the mushrooms are soft the topping is ready. 
  3. Cook your ribeye until the desired "done-ness." I like mine to be medium-rare but it's up to you. 
  4. When your ribeye is ready move it to a plate and add your pancetta topping and enjoy!
  5. Oh yeah, and add the salt and pepper whenever you feel like it. For taste. 


I served mine with asparagus. 


Note: I made this during Hurricane Sandy so I couldn't grill it. What I did was use a cooling rack and a skillet. I turned the skillet on to medium and added some mushrooms and pancetta (like the topping) so when it smoked it will give it some flavor. The cooling rack became kind of a grill and I used it to cook my asparagus and my ribeye. Next to that is a 9x9 cooking tray. I put the meat in there to marinade it with the coke. Behind that is my topping. (I put it in the pancetta's plastic container so that I wouldn't have another dish to clean. This was an iffy idea because the plastic began to melt.) All in all the meal turned out great!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!