Monday, October 29, 2012

Bison Burger

Okay, this wasn't something that I made based off what I had lying around. I went to the grocery store to get some shampoo and decided I would just pick something up from the meat section to take home. While I was browsing the ground beef I saw a package of ground bison. I have had bison before but I decided I would take it home and make some burgers. It's the way I did it that was suitable of being considered improv.

Ingredients

  • Ground bison

Procedure

  1. To do this you'll need a cooling rack with cross bars that are close together, a 9x9 baking pan, and a cast iron skillet. I'm sure any kind of skillet would work but I like to use cast iron. 
  2. First, put the skillet over the stove and turn to high heat. Allow it a few minutes to warm up. 
  3. Next, put your formed bison burgers on the cooling rack and place it over the skillet. Then, place the pan over the burger. 
  4. Now you just cook it like you would on the grill. How long? Well that depends on how thick your burger is and how done you like it. How could I possibly know that?








No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!